Gemini Birding Tour
Bhutan is a paradise for bird lovers and ornithologists. This birding adventure takes you to ideal bird spots where you will have the great opportunities to spot the rare and exotic birds in the specified area.
This feature tour also allows you to explore the western and central part of Bhutan which has a wide range of rich heritages and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Spot the rare and exotic bird species in the bird rich habitats of different regions of Bhutan.
- Visit all the popular cultural attractions in Bhutan leisurely.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Interact with Bhutanese people by visiting local houses, schools, and temples and experience Bhutanese lifestyles up-close.
- Cross Dochula , Pelela and Yotongla , three highest passes in the country and you may experience a beautiful sight of mountain ranges far up in the northern territory on a clear day.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha.
- Explore central valleys of Trongsa ,Phobjikha and Bumthang.
- Explore eastern valley of Mongar and Trashigang .
- Experience the vibrant development with the juxtaposition of old and new cultures.
- Have an opportunity of visit the winter home of the endangered Black-Necked crane in Phobjikha.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT PARO
Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 2: PARO
Begin the birding adventure today. Spot the species along the route while hiking up to the famous Tiger's Nest in the morning. After lunch if time permits, explore more popular tourist attractions.
Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
Day 3: PARO - THIMPHU (55 Km , 2 Hours)
After early breakfast drive to Thimphu , the capital city of Bhutan. Spot birds in and around the city and visit popular tourist attractions.
In the evening, leisure time in town. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 4: THIMPHU - PUNAKHA (70 Km, 3 Hours)
Early morning drive to Punakha via Dochula , one of the highest passes where in a clear weather you will see the eastern Himalayan ranges. Spot birds along the way and visit the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.
Explore the town in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
Day 5: PUNAKHA - GANGTEY ( 78 Km , 3 Hrs)
Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and drive to Gangtey, the winter residence of the endangered Black Necked Crane. Stop for birding and photography at regular intervals. Overnight stay at hotel in Gangtey.
Day 6: GANGTEY - TRONGSA ( 125 Km , 4 Hrs)
Morning some more sightseeing and drive to Trongsa. After Lunch visit the Ta-Dzong and the Trongsa Dzong (fortress). Overnight stay at hotel in Trongsa.
Day 7: TRONGSA - BUMTHANG (Jakar) ( 68 Km, 2 Hrs)
Drive to Bumthang. Stop at Yotongla, one of the highest passes in Bhutan which is one of the ideal birding spot. Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
Day 8: BUMTHANG - URA-BUMTHANG (48 Kms, 1.5 Hrs)
Bumthang to Ura is 48 km, about one and a half hour drive. To reach here, the road climbs to amazingly open countryside, only occasionally running into forest. Drive back to Bumthang . Spot birds along the way. Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
Day 9: BUMTHANG - LIMITHANG ( 100 Km, 4 Hrs)
Drive to Limithang and stop at ideal places for birding. Overnight camp at Limithang.
Day 10: LIMITHANG - MONGAR - TRASHIGANG (98 Km, 4 Hrs)
Drive to Trashigang via Mongar while having a splendid experience of the transverse valleys and the birds along the way. Overnight stay at hotel in Trashigang.
Day 11: TRASHIGANG - MONGAR ( 91 Km, 3 Hrs)
Drive back to Mongar. Leisure time in the Evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Mongar.
Day 12: MOGAR - BUMTHANG ( 198 Km, 7 Hrs)
Drive to Bumthang. Explore more of Bumthang. Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
Day 13: BUMTHANG - THIMPHU (268 Km , 9 Hrs)
Arrive in Thimphu city and explore the evening and nightlife. You can buy souvenirs and visit other attractions of the capital. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 14: THIMPHU - PARO AIRPORT( 55 Km, 2 Hrs)
After early breakfast , drive to Paro airport for onward destination