Dagala Thousand Lakes Trek
A Short trek, near Thimphu, to a large number of lovely, high altitude lakes (far fewer,however, than the name suggests)
|Activities||Cultural sightseeing and day hikes|
|Trip Length||: 11 Nights / 12 Days|
|Trek Starts at||: Genekha,Thimphu|
|Trek Ends at||: Chamgang, Thimphu|
|Duration of Trek||: 8 Days|
|Elevation||: 4720 m|
|Best Season||: April, September to October|
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western and Central Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Walk Through trails that will lead you to experience Bhutanese lifestyles and interact with Bhutanese people by visiting local houses, schools, and monasteries.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor.
- Hike through trails that lead you to explore more villages and monasteries.
- Hike through trails that lead you to have a glimpse of Nomad life in Bhutan.
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Have spectacular views of the Mount Jomolhari and other Himalayan peaks
- Have a opportunity to spot herds of Blue Sheeps.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT PARO
- Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 2: PARO
- Hike up to the famous Tiger's Nest in the morning and after lunch visit other popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 3: GYNEKHA - GUR (Distance 7 km, 5hours)
- Trek Begins
Day 4: GUR - LABATAMA(12 km, 5 hours)
Day 5: Relaxation day at Labatama.
Day 6 : HALT AT LABATAMA :
Extension to Setsho and nearby lakes.
Day 7 : LABATAMA - PANKA (Distance 8km, 6-7 hours))
Day 8: PANKA-TALAKHA (Distance 8 km, 5-6hours)
Day 9: TALAKHA â€“ CHAMGANG â€“THIMPHU (Distance 6km, 3 hours)
Day 10: THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu
Day 11 : EXCURSOIN TO PUNAKHA/WANGDUE
After early breakfast drive to Punakha. Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and other tourist attraction. After lunch drive to Wangduephodrang and on the way visit the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.
Drive back to Thimphu. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 12: PARO DEPART
After early breakfast drive to Paro for onward destination.