Western Rafting Tour
About Western Rafting Tour : 10 Days Tour
Raft through the two rivers, Pho Chu and Mo Chu in Punakha and conquer the rapids ranging from difficulty level of Class II to IV. Enjoy the stunning views along the river and take back memories of the wild rivers that flow between the beautiful landscapes.
This tour also allows you to explore the western and central part of Bhutan which has a wide range of rich heritages and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Raft through the waters that flow through beautiful landscapes.
- Conquer the rapids of Pho (Male) Chu and Mo (Female) Chu of Punakha
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western and Central Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor
- Have an opportunity of visit the winter home of the endangered Black-Necked crane in Phobjikha.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Explore central valleys of Trongsa and Bumthang.
Trip Overview :
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
DAY 02: PARO – PUNAKHA (143 Km, 5 Hrs)
Drive to Punakha via Dochula ,one of the highest passes where in a clear weather you will see the eastern Himalayan ranges. In the afternoon, visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong
Explore the town in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
DAY 03: PUNAKHA (Rafting)
DAY 04: PUNAKHA (Rafting)
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA VALLEY ( 78 Km , 3 Hrs)
Visit the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.After lunch in a restaurant drive to Phobjikha. Overnight stay at hotel in Phobjikha.
DAY 06: PHOBJIKHA
Whole day sightseeing hike in Phobjikha and visit Gangtey Gompa. Overnight stay at hotel in Gangtey.
DAY 07: PHOBJIKHA – THIMPHU ( 135 Km , 6 Hrs)
Arrive in Thimphu city and explore the evening and nightlife. You can buy souvenirs and visit other attractions of the capital. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 08: THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnigt stay at hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 09: THIMPHU-PARO ( 55 Km,2 Hrs)
Drive to Paro and hike up to Tiger’s Nest and visit the Drugyal Dzong and Kyichu Lhakhang in the afternoon.
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
After breakfast, you will drive to Paro airport for departure.