The Black-necked Crane Festival
About The Black-necked Crane Festival : 10 Days Tour
The festival in honour and praise of the Black Necked Cranes started in 1998 and aims at spreading awareness on the endangered Black-Necked cranes and successful crane conservation across Bhutan. The winter home of the endangered Black-Necked crane, Phobjikha is also called as the “Second Switzerland” by the visitors and the Black Necked Crane Festival gives the best opportunity to spot the Black Necked Crane
- Witness one of Bhutan’s most popular festivals the Black Necked Crane Festival.
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western and Central Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor
- Have an opportunity of visit the winter home of the endangered Black-Necked crane in Phobjikha.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Explore central valleys of Trongsa and Bumthang.
- Have spectacular views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
Trip Over View:
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU (55 Km, 2 Hrs)
Arrive in Paro airport and drive to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. In the evening, leisure time in town. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 02: THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 03: THIMPHU â€“ GANGTEY / PHOBJIKHA ( 135 Km , 6 Hrs)
Drive to Phobjikha, winter residence of the Black necked cranes.
Overnight stay at hotel in Phobjikha
DAY 04: BLACK NECKED CRANE FESTIVAL
Witness this beautiful festival the whole day and other cultural programmes.
DAY 05: GANGTEY / PHOBJIKHA â€“ BUMTHANG ( 188 Km , 7 Hrs)
Morning some more sightseeing and drive to Trongsa. After Lunch visit the Ta-Dzong and the Trongsa Dzong (fortress) and drive to Bumthang.
Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
DAY 06: BUMTHANG
Wholeday sightseeing and visit the most popular temples in the country like Jambay Lhakhag, Kurje Lhakhang and Tamzhing Lhakhang. Visit Mebartsho in the afternoon and leisure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
DAY 07: BUMTHANG â€“ PUNAKHA (212 Km, 8 Hrs)
Arrive in Punakha and explore the town in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
Day 08 : PUNAKHA â€“ PARO (143 Km, 5 Hrs)
Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.After lunch in a restaurant drive to Paro. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
DAY 09: PARO
Hike up to the famous Tiger’s Nest in the morning and after lunch visit other popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
After breakfast, you will drive to Paro airport for departure.