Snowman Trek I
The Snowman trek travels to the remote Lunana district and is said to be one of the most difficult treks in World. Many groups who attempt this trek actually finish it , either because of problems with altitude or heavy snowfall on the high passes. However, those who make it will remember this trek as an outstanding, beautiful and as one of the most rewarding trek of their life.
|Activities||Cultural sightseeing and day hikes|
|Trip Length||: 30 Nights / 31 Days|
|Trek Starts at||: Drugyal Dzong,Paro|
|Trek Ends at||: Sephu, Wangdue|
|Duration of Trek||: 25 Days|
|Elevation||: 5320 m|
|Best Season||: September to October|
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Walk Through trails that will lead you to experience Bhutanese lifestyles and interact with Bhutanese people by visiting local houses, schools, and monasteries.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor.
- Hike through trails that lead you to explore more villages and monasteries.
- Hike through trails that lead you to have a glimpse of Nomad life in Bhutan.
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Have spectacular views of the Mount Jomolhari and other Himalayan peaks
- Have a opportunity to spot herds of Blue Sheeps.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT PARO
- Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 2: PARO
- Hike up to the famous Tiger's Nest in the morning and after lunch visit other popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 03. PARO, SHANA (17 Kms about 5-6 hours)
- Trek Begins
Day 04 : SHANA - SIO THANGKHA (22 Kms , 7-8 Hrs)
Day 05 : SIO THANGKHA - JANGOTHANG (19 Km,5-6 Hrs)
Day 06 : REST AT JANGOTHANG (rest day)
Day 07 : JANGOTHANG - LINGSHI (18 Km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 08 : LINGSHI - CHEBISA(10km,5-6 Hrs)
Day 09 : CHEBISA - SHOMOUTHANG (17 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 10 : SHOMOUTHANG - ROBLUTHANG(18 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 11 : ROBLUTHANG - LIMITHANG(19 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 12 : LIMITHANG - LAYA( 10 km, 4-5 Hrs)
Day 13 : HALT AT LAYA
Day 14 : LAYA - RODUPHU ( 19 Km, 6-7 Hrs)
Day 15 : RODUPHU - NARITHANG( 17 Km, 5-6 hrs)
Day 16 : NARITHANG - TARINA (18 km , 5-6 Hrs)
Day 17 : TARINA - WOCHE(17 Km, 6-7 Hrs)
Day 18 : WOCHE-LHEDI (17 Km , 6-7 Hrs)
Day 19 : LHEDI-THANZA(17 Km , 6-7 Hrs)
Day 20 : HALT AT THANZA
Day 21 : THANZA-DANJI ( 8 Km , 3-4 hrs)
Day 22 : DANJI-TSOCHENA (12 Km, 5 -6 Hrs)
Day 23 : TSOCHENA-JiJICHU DRAMO( 14 Km,4 -5 Hrs)
Day 24 : JICHU DRAMO-CHUKARPO( 18 Km, 5-6 Hrs)
Day 25 : CHUKARPO-TAMPETSO ( 18 Km, 5-6 Hrs)
Day 26 : TAMPETSO-MAOROTHANG (14 Km , 4-5 Hrs)
Day 27 : MAOROTHANG-SEPHU ( 18 Km, 5-6 Hrs)
Day 28 : SEPHU to PUNAKHA(55 km, 2 hours)
- Early morning drive to Punakha. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 29 : PUNAKHA to THIMPHU (70 Km, 3 Hours)
- Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.After lunch in a restaurant drive to Thimphu. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 30 : THIMPHU
- Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 31 : THIMPHU to PARO
- Drive to international Airport at Paro for onward flight.