Price & Payment Guide
- Children between ages of 6-12 accompanied by parents are given 33 % discount on the air fare by the Air Lines (Subject to changes by the Air Lines).
- Students aged below age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 30% discount on the air fare by the Air Lines( Subject to changes by the Air Lines).
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years
- A 50 % duration discount on Sustainable Development Fee shall be provided after 8th night and 100 % discount on Sustainable Development Fee shall be provided after 14th night
- 100 % Sustainable Development Fee free zone discount shall be provided on Sustainable Development Fee on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuentsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure.
- Children below 5 years will not be eligible for Group Size Discounts, Duration Discounts and Sustainable Development Fee Free Zone Discount
- All Children and Students will not be eligible for duration discounts.
Tourist travelling in a group of 2 (Two) of less shall be subject to a surcharge in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
1. Single Individual - USD 40 per night
2. Group of 2 persons only - USD 30 per night
In a group of three persons, if one member is a child of 5 years and below, the group shall be treated as a FIT group of two persons and surcharge will be applicable.
- Services of Licensed English Speaking Guide
- All meals ( Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Standard Hotel (2-3 star hotel) twin sharing accommodation
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Government royalty and all the taxes
- FIT Surcharge for one and two persons
- Museums and other entrance fees
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Visa fee of USD 40 per person (Single entry visa fee)
- Bank fee of USD 30
- Flight fares
- Personal expenses , alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks,etc
- Single room ( Shall be arranged on supplement charge)
- Luxury Hotels ( Shall be arranged on supplement cost)
- Travel Insurance ( Highly recommended)
- Tips to Guide, Driver, Hotel Service or Trekking Staff
Other than Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent. Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator. Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan.
Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance. At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport on payment of US$20, two passport photos will also be required. Visas are issued for a 15day period; extensions can be obtained in Thimphu at a cost of Nu.510.
Step 1: Work out a tour itinerary with us, preferably in advance and we shall calculate the amount you must pay(Tour Payment) in advance as per the standard requirement of the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
Step 2: Wire the tour payment amount as well as USD 40 (one time visa fee) to the Bhutan National Bank through the certified international partner with specifying Gemini Tours and Travels as ultimate beneficiary. Please email us the bank wire receipt copy.
Step 3: You should send a clear, scanned copy of your passport and we shall process your visa application which will normally be processed within a week
Step 4 : We shall email you a copy of the approval fo your visa once your visa application has been approved.
All tour payments must be made in advance (at least 45 days prior to arrival date in Bhutan). Tour payment should be remitted through the Bhutan National Bank (BNB) accounts abroad payable in favor of Bhutan Gemini Tours and Travels. The Banks and account numbers will be advised once the tour bookings are confirmed. Visa is cleared by the government subject to advance payment only.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- 1. No charge for the tour canceled before 30 days of arrival date
- 2. 50% cancellation charge for the tour cancelled before 20 days of arrival date
- 3. No refund for less than 20 days of arrival date
Flight ticket (KB) Royal Bhutan Airline cancellation policy :
Documentation charge of US$20 for change in dates
- 1. 100% refund for cancellation made before 30 days of travel date
- 2. 40% refund for cancellation made before 20 days of travel date
- 3. No refund for cancellation made less than 20 days of travel date
Delayed Arrivals :
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
Travel Insurance :
It is mandatory for all visitors to Bhutan to hold a valid comprehensive travel insurance policy. Motorcyclists MUST hold a valid QBE travel insurance policy, which will cover them whilst riding in Bhutan.
Many travel insurance companies no longer offer cover for trekking, rafting or other adventure activities. Please ensure your policy covers exactly the activities you will undertake on your journey.