Jomolhari Laya Gasa Trek
About Jomolhari Laya Gasa Trek : 18 Days Trek
This trek is an extension of the Jhomolhari Trek. It offers diverse flora and fauna, as well as good opportunity to spot blue sheep. You shall have a close interaction with the nomads of Bhutan and their life style.
Trek at a Glance
|Activities||Cultural sightseeing and day hikes|
|Trip Length||: 17 Nights / 18 Days|
|Trek Starts at||: Drugyal Dzong,Paro|
|Trek Ends at||: Tashithang,Punakha|
|Duration of Trek||: 14 Days|
|Elevation||: 5005 m|
|Standard||: Medium- Hard|
|Best Season||: April to June , September to November|
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western and Central Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Walk Through trails that will lead you to experience Bhutanese lifestyles and interact with Bhutanese people by visiting local houses, schools, and monasteries.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor.
- Hike through trails that lead you to explore more villages and monasteries.
- Hike through trails that lead you to have a glimpse of Nomad life in Bhutan.
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Have spectacular views of the Mount Jomolhari and other Himalayan peaks
- Have a opportunity to spot herds of Blue Sheeps.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT PARO
- Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 2: PARO
- Hike up to the famous Tiger’s Nest in the morning and after lunch visit other popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Day 03. PARO, SHANA (17 Kms about 5-6 hours)
- Trek Begins
Day 04 : SHANA – SIO THANGKHA (22 Kms , 7-8 Hrs)
Day 05 : SIO THANGKHA – JANGOTHANG (19 Km,5-6 Hrs)
Day 06 : JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (18 Km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 07 : LINGSHI – CHEBISA(10km,5-6 Hrs)
Day 08 : CHEBISA – SHOMOUTHANG (17 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 09 : SHOMOUTHANG – ROBLUTHANG(18 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 10 : ROBLUTHANG – LIMITHANG(19 km,6-7 Hrs)
Day 11 : LIMITHANG – LAYA( 10 km, 4-5 Hrs)
Day 12 : LAYA-CHAMSA(19 km, 8/9 hours)
Day 13 : CHAMSA-GASA TSACHU( 14 km, 6/7 hours)
Day 14 : GASA TSACHU-DAMJI(18 km, 6 hours)
Day 15 : DAMJI-TASHITHANG-PUNAKH( 16 km, 6 hours)
Day 16 : PUNAKHA-THIMPHU(75 km, 2.1/2 hours)
Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and other tourist attraction. After lunch drive to Wangduephodrang and on the way visit the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.
Day 17 : THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 18 : THIMPHU-PARO (55 km, 2hours)
After early breakfast , drive to paro airport for onward destination.