Cycling Western Bhutan
A short cycling trip with a memorable vacation to meet the people of Bhutan. Visit the famous tourist attractions and learn about the long preserved culture and tradition. The terrains and turns through the legendary passage in Bhutan dominate the trip and stunning views will exhilarate your trip. You will have the choice of bringing your own favorite bicycle or it can be arranged by us.
- Challenge your muscles for an uphill ride to Dochula where awaits a spectacular scenario of Himalayan peaks and 108 Druk Wangyel Chortens.
- Have a relaxed downhill ride though the wilderness of the forests, gliding through the valley and turns.
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Have spectacular views of the Himalayan peaks
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT PARO
Arrive at Paro Airport. Visit the National Museum and Rinpung Dzong in the afternoon . Liesure time in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
DAY 02: PARO - THIMPHU (Cycling)
Ride through the valleys with beautiful landscapes. Take breaks and visit the famous monastery along the way and before reaching Thimphu, visit Simthokha Dzong, the oldest Dzong in Bhutan
DAY 03: THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 04: THIMPHU - PUNAKHA (Cycling)
An uphill ride of 22 Kms to Dochula, one of the highest passes in Bhutan. Take rest at Dochula for lunch and have a spectacular view of the Himalayan range in a clear day. After lunch, glide through the slopes that will give you a breathtaking ride of another 40 Kms.
Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
DAY 05: PUNAKHA - PARO (143 Km, 5 Hrs)
Visit the most beautiful Dzong (fortress) of Bhutan, the Punakha Dzong and the temple of the Divine Madman, Chhimi Lhakhang.After lunch in a restaurant drive to Paro. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
DAY 06: PARO-CHELELA-PARO (Cycling)
Morning some more sightseeing and drive to Trongsa. After Lunch visit the Ta-Dzong and the Trongsa Dzong (fortress). Overnight stay at hotel in Trongsa.
DAY 07: PARO
Hike up to the famous Tiger's Nest in the morning and after lunch visit other popular tourist attractions. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
After breakfast, you will drive to Paro airport for departure.