Bumthang Cultural Trek
This trek is so named because the opportunities to visit villages and Lhakhangs are greater than on most other treks in Bhutan. A short trek but is known for its strenuous climb up Phephe La with an ascent of about 500 meters.
|Activities||Cultural sightseeing and day hikes|
|Trip Length||: 13 Nights / 14 Days|
|Trek Starts at||: Thangbi Goemba,Bumthang|
|Trek Ends at||: Kizum,Bumthang|
|Duration of Trek||: 3 Days|
|Elevation||: 3360 m|
|Best Season||: March to May, September to November|
- Visit most of the popular attractions in the Western and Central Bhutan.
- Get more acquainted with the people of different region from western to central Bhutan.
- Experience the diverse culture and traditions of Bhutan.
- Walk Through trails that will lead you to experience Bhutanese lifestyles and interact with Bhutanese people by visiting local houses, schools, and monasteries.
- Have a memorable trip to famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900 m above the valley floor.
- Hike through trails that lead you to explore more villages and monasteries.
- Hike through trails that lead you to have a glimpse of Nomad life in Bhutan.
- Have an opportunity of visit the winter home of the endangered Black-Necked crane in Phobjikha.
- Farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Explore western valleys of Paro,Thimphu and Punakha
- Explore central valleys of Trongsa ,Gangtey and Bumthang.
Day 1:ARRIVE AT PARO-THIMPHU (55 Km , 2 Hours)
Arrive in Paro airport and drive to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. In the evening, leisure time in town.
Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu
Day 2: THIMPHU
Whole day sightseeing in Thimphu visiting popular tourist attractions.
Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 3: THIMPHU-PUNAKHA (70 Km, 3 Hours)
Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass. Enjoy spectacular views of the Himalayan ranges. Visit the temple of fertility called Chhimi Lhakhang and Punakha Dzong (fortress).
Explore the town in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
Day 4: PUNAKHA-TRONGSA (142 Km, 6.5 Hrs)
Drive to Trongsa through Wangdue town and cross the Pelela Pass .Enjoy the beautiful landscapes and pristine nature.
Overnight stay at hotel in Trongsa.
Day 5: TRONGSA-BUMTHANG ( 68 Km, 2 Hrs)
Visit the Ta-Dzong and the Trongsa Dzong (fortress) and drive to Bumthang through Yontongla. Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
Day 6: BUMTHANG
Wholeday sightseeing and visit the most popular temples in the country like Jambay Lhakhag, Kurje Lhakhang and Tamzhing Lhakhang.
Leisure time in the afternoon/ evening.
Overnight stay at hotel in Bumthang.
Day 7: TOKTUZAMPA â€“ NGANG LHAKHANG (Distance 12km, 5 hours)
Day 8: NGANG LHAKHANG â€“ TAHUNG (Distance 16km, 6 hours)
Day 9: TAHUNG â€“ MESITHANG (Distance 16km, 6 hours)
Day 10: BUMTHANG-PHOBJIKHA/GANGTEY ( 188 Km , 7 Hrs)
After early breakfast drive to Phobjikha, winter residence of the Black necked cranes through the 3,300m high Pele la pass. Visit Gangtey Gompa and visit other popular tourist attractions if time permits. Overnight stay at hotel in Gangtey.
Day 11: PHOBJIKHA/GANGTEY -THIMPHU ( 135 Km , 6 Hrs)
Arrive in Thimphu city and explore the evening and nightlife. You can buy souvenirs and visit other attractions of the capital. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 12: THIMPHU â€“ PARO (55 Km, 2 hours)
After breakfast drive to Paro and check in hotel. After lunch, visit popular tourist attractions like Paro Musuem and Rinpung Dzong. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
Day 13: PARO
Hike up to Tiger's Nest and visit the National Museum in the afternoon. Evening is a cultural bonanza, a value-added activity provided by The Bhutan Travelclub inclusive of the package price.
Day 14: PARO DEPART
After breakfast, you will drive to Paro airport for departure.